Monday, October 17, 2011

Trying to stay active while getting kicked in the belly

We've had some gorgeous weather this weekend, we're really lucky.  Slightly windy, but sunny and relatively warm.  Since I have overshot my weight gain, (a common problem for women who are lucky enough to not have morning sickness in the first trimester,) I have been trying to do things to stay active.  Little things like taking the stairs at work, doing activities on the weekend that involve walking (does shopping count?) and trying to go for little hikes on the weekend.

Saturday we went out to dinner with Jamie and her friend Brian in downtown Bethlehem at the Brew Works - YUM.  What I really wanted was a pumpkin beer (how I miss pumpkin beer) and a burger...but I settled for a water and a salad.  BORING.  Oh well!! It's for a good cause. Afterwards, we went on a one-hour Historic Haunts of Bethlehem walking tour.  It was nice to get out and walk and spend time with friends.

Sunday we got pumpkins to carve this week.  I thought Paul would want to get one or two - but we got a pumpkin for me, for him, for the dog and for the baby!  We also picked up several mini-pumpkins and have them all over the house.  I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!

There's a really cool little town in the Poconos called Jim Thorpe...and it's home to one of the most scenic hikes I have been on in a long time.  It's only 2.7 miles, but it's up the side of the Glen Onoko Falls.  It's not an easy hike, but I made it all the way to the top!  Here are some pictures.  The weather was perfect, warm and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. There was just the right amount of breeze to keep the bugs away and to romantically blow the yellow, orange and red leaves off the trees in a very picturesque manner.
Me and Rhyme.  Notice the strap above the belly.  Classy, right?

That's me and Rhyme at the top! Go Preggo!!



So we had a really good weekend - but it's quite distracting when you're regularly being kicked in the stomach by a bell-pepper sized baby who is growing like crazy.  Looks like all those calcium supplements have paid off, since the baby's bones are strong enough that I can really feel it moving around. In fact, the little one is at it right now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the adventure, all the more reason for me to find my way back east. Those trails remind me of the ones around Valley Forge.

    ReplyDelete