Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Everyone is healthy!!

Had my 12-week ultrasound today, and it's all good news - baby is healthy, mom is healthy, and everything is on track.

Just me, lounging around.
Today's ultrasound was just about the craziest thing I have ever seen.  Baby was moving around like a gymnast.  If it was the 1980's you would have thought Jazzercise was happening in my stomach.  Paul and I were totally stunned.  Apparently, 12-14 weeks tends to be when the baby moves around the most and is the most active...but the baby is too small for me to really feel anything. It's a shame because it's chaos in there. AND the baby's heart is going at around 157 BPM now.


WITNESS THE CUTE BABY PICTURES!!!
No more tail!  That big thing behind me is the umbilical cord.

Look!  I have arms!  I call this one "Wax on, wax off"

So that's little baby.  We're really happy that everything is moving along as expected. 

Some measurements of the Neural Tube were taken today, and they don't see any signs of what I call "The Big Scary Diseases"...things like Spina Bifida, Downs Syndrome, or Trisomy 18 (I really don't know exactly what that is, but it sounds scary).  They also took some blood to check a few other things.  If I don't hear anything back on that blood work, no news is good news.  In another two months they'll probably do some additional tests, including Amniocentesis (which involves a long needle) and some more blood draws.  

My waistline continues to expand, and my wardrobe choices get smaller and smaller every day.  On Tuesday I went to a client meeting and felt like I was there in my pajamas (because I don't have a maternity suit yet).  I think I may have to go shopping for one rather soon because it felt really awkward, especially since I really don't look all that "pregnant" yet.  I just look "plump".

I finally gave in and bought some 'sensible' shoes the other day...meaning shoes that don't have 4-inch heels.  They're kind of boring,  but it's probably better that I don't teeter around in sky-high heels as I continue to become more top-heavy.

That's all for now.  I just realized it's almost 9:00.  No wonder I'm so tired.  Quite a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment